Saturday, June 11, 2011

Less than 2 hours!!!!

Arrived in Beijing last night at 11:30 p.m. Hotel is beautiful and service has been outstanding! (even a cold coca cola light in the fridge!!! -- and included with the room!)


Unpacked and finally asleep by 3 a.m. Up at 5 a.m. - hard to sleep when you're about to meet your new son!!!! Sam is still sleeping....his quote upon de-boarding last night, "I think I should have reconsidered"...LOL! Buck it up kiddo!

I slept almost 8 hours on the flight and Sam/Greg (who sat 5 rows ahead of me) apparently slept less than 2 hours. Movies on the seatbacks in front of them were too tempting I guess. Flew American Airlines - TONS of food....like 3 separate meals and a snack! 2 kids were sitting in front of Sam and Greg and vomiting most of the flight. Nice.

We booked a suite and I'm glad we did! Sam is sleeping on an inflatable bed (Ann @ Red Thread - highly recommend!) next to our bed. We'll have a crib brought to the room tonight for BenBen...but, we think he'll be sleeping with us :)

HUGE bathroom and fantastic big tub...can't wait to give our lil man his first real bath!!! Toys galore!

We're on the "Club" floor so cocktail hours, free stocked mini fridge and a beautiful breakfast -- if Sam ever wakes up!

It has been a very emotional and happy week for our family!! A new nephew and our new son! So many blessings and miracles...so much to be thankful for. Just a few hours BenBen and an orphan no more. I hope you like us! :)

P.S. Greg is updating Shutterfly with photos...see "China Pictures!" in the upper right side bar.

I'll post pictures here later. Off to meet our guy!!!!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. congratulations! Can't wait to see your forever family day photos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are in Beijing and you are meeting BenBen right now as I type this! Wow how cool! Praying for an easy transition for him. I am headed to bed but I can't wait to check back with you in the morning.

    ReplyDelete